Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Color photography


I remembered I have interviewed Steve McCurry once in the beautiful Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi when I was there holiday with Steve and heard international news traced him around for his historical last roll of Kodachrome – the interview was made for a prestigious Chinese photography magazine, Chinese Photography.
The legendary Kodachrome, which I have shot quite a few in those days I still use film, but for Steve McCurry, and his large stock of images made on the legendary film, one cannot relate to Kodachrome without mentioning Steve McCurry.
During the interview, I asked Steve his take on the black and white photography, which Steve certainly capable of but not well known for, and he quoted that “….. our world is colorful…” and it is – photography as an art does not made base on certain media and certainly not depend on whether it is color or not.
With Steve, or for the master like my mentor and teacher Kosichi, one eventually would learn that in fact photography is quite easy, much easier than one would think.  But a great image is not on the moment of the photography along, it is how one see the world, what he do when not taking picture, than just pressing the shutter!
Mandalay, Myanmar

No comments:

Post a Comment