Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Welcome to Mandalay


There are people travels for photography, and they are people do photography in order to travel. And if you were photographer, self-claimed one like me, then you are both.
I have just discovered that I spent almost 2 months to cover this “Faces of Myanmar” blog – started March 12 till this date: May 18 to cover basically one late afternoon and one day of the Steve McCurry Myanmar Workshop, in Yangon.  And just about to start to post images made at the new destination, Mandalay. Not that I took so many images that I cannot manage, often, it is because to digest each image and to put myself back to the moment of each image made, is a process I simply don’t want to do in a hurry.
Travel with purpose of making photographs also put one’s mind in an intensified mode, more focus on the photography itself, spend more time, and shoot a lot more. Certainly, traveling with folks of different countries, each with varies talents and walk of lives, is also inspiring. 
On February 18, the earliest flight from Yangon to Mandalay, and ½ way from Mandalay airport to the city, we stopped by a small village, started the photography journey in Mandalay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment