Thursday, July 14, 2011

Life of a monk


I would be honest to confess that I can’t image being a monk, and for a boy monk, is beyond that.
Life in many countries is similar, but many more are very different.  I spent my last 20 years living in Thailand, which is considered the most populated Buddhism country; but a trip to Myanmar still largely changed my understanding of a Buddhism country.  Myanmar to me is a Buddhism country, in comparison; Thailand is a country has lots of people believed in Buddha. What’s the different?  One has to see to believe.  
Is the life of Buddhism monk much different from regular people?  For one, they are not responsible for the most essential purpose of a living being on earth – to populate.  And they spend most of their time pray and regular people spend most of their time wishing and desire.  But besides the love, hate, attracted by opposite sex, the monk is essentially the same as common people. They need to study, work, and of course to eat and sleep.  And clean their blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment