Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mahamuni temple


After spent some time in the small village in the morning, check in the beautiful Mandalay Bay Hotel and a short lunch, I came to Mahamuni temple (literal meaning: The Great Sage).  It is rather difficult to tell someone how to make photographs in a temple and in Mahamuni, it is even more difficult.
It is not very big albeit Mahamuni is one of the major pilgrimage sites in Mandalay yet to me it is a lot bigger.  Burmese temple is rather different from those in Thailand or elsewhere I have visited, people attached to the temple in a very different level, they seemed to live by it, although there are also many people simple just came and gone. During the hours I stayed in Mahamuni, and many more hours the next day, I feel people live there rather the visiting there.
There is a craft street between the main gate to the Buddha statue, a short but very interesting path that many of the images I took were happened here.
This one is from the small craft street inside Mahamuni, an old man working on his carving.


No comments:

Post a Comment